« Tchaïkovski, je vous aime » Hommage à Albert Millaire
« Tchaïkovski, je vous aime »
Hommage à Albert Millaire
The closing concert of our first Beethoven Chez Nous season, will feature an ensemble of over 20 strings performing Vivaldi’s brilliant Four Violin Concerto, Beethoven’s notorious Grosse Fuge, and Tchaikovsky’s Serenade for Strings. As a special commemorative tribute to the life of Quebec actor Albert Millaire, the Serenade will be accompanied by a unique text authored by Albert himself, written in 2011 especially for the Festival. It features four actors and re-enacts Tchaikovsky’s intimate letters to patron Nadezhda von Meck, a fantastic synthesis of words and music.
Date and Time: Sunday, June 16th at 3:30 p.m.
Location: Bourgie Hall, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
(plus service fee and taxes)
- 1 Ticket $50.00
- 2 Tickets $87.50
- 4 Tickets $112.50 (One Free Ticket! Valid for the same concert only)
- Students $20.00 (26 years or less)
- Children - Free (12 years or less)
Reserve now! For more information please call 514-489-7444.
- Vivaldi, Concerto in B Minor for Four Violins, Cello and Strings, Opus 3, No. 10, RV 580 (1711)
- Beethoven, Grosse Fuge in B Flat Major, Opus 133 (arr. Vegh)
- Tchaikovsky, Serenade for Strings, Opus 48 (script by Albert Millaire)
- Jean Marchand, actor
- Monique Miller, actor
- Frédéric Millaire Zouvi, actor
- Stéphanie Germain, actor
- Martin Beaver, Amy Hillis, Carissa Klopoushak, Abby Walsh, Marie-Claire Vaillancourt, 1st violins
- Christina Bouey, Byungchan Lee, Heemin Choi, Emmanuel Vukovich, Jeanne Côté, 2nd violins
- Annie Parent, Vincent Delorme, Keith Hamm, violas
- Denis Brott, Cameron Crozman, cellos
- Eric Chappell, bass
- Luc Beauséjour, harpsichord
|This concert is made possible thanks to the generous support of the William and Nancy Turner Foundation and the Musical Instrument Bank of the Canada Council for the Arts.
Bourgie Hall - 3:30 PM
1339 Rue Sherbrooke O
Montreal, H3G 2C6
Festival Concerts, LES CLASSIQUES